The Good Morning Snore Solution (GMSS) is a revolutionary anti-snoring device that targets the most common cause of snoring, which is the base of your tongue obstructing your throat causing restricted airflow. This is most likely to happen if you are overweight or snore when breathing through an open mouth.
The GMSS is like a suction cup that gently holds the tip of your tongue in a forward position whilst you sleep, creating a clear airway and keeping your mouth closed. We categorise the Good Morning Snore Solution as a ‘tongue retainer’ to distinguish it from other types of anti-snoring mouthpiece, which commonly work by advancing the jaw.
Wearing the Good Morning Snore Solution is a bit reminiscent of a baby sucking on a pacifier, and just as a pacifier can work wonders at silencing a baby’s crying, our research suggests the Good Morning Snore Solution can work wonders at silencing people’s snoring…
We’ve been tracking the results from users who have registered using the Good Morning Snore Solution as a snoring remedy in SnoreLab and the results have been very impressive:
- The average reduction in snoring intensity (Snore Score) amongst overweight users (BMI 25-30) was the greatest of any consumer remedy that we track (short of CPAP)
- The average reduction is snoring intensity was even greater than is normally achieved with jaw advancement style mouthpieces
- More than 2/3 of overweight users who tried the device got good results
Just check out these before and after results from a SnoreLab user who contacted us on Twitter. The chart on the right shows his snoring before he used the device with frequent loud snoring throughout the night. The chart on the left was using the device. The loud snoring has been completely eliminated. Amazing results!
— Eric Lai (@eatusc) July 13, 2015
We haven’t yet observed as strong results amongst obese users (BMI > 30), for whom CPAP remains (by far) the most effective option, whilst for people of normal bodyweight results are more hit-and-miss depending on the cause of the individual’s snoring.
Check your BMI:
Powered by BMI Calculator
People for whom we recommend this device:
- If you are overweight (BMI 25-30) we highly recommend this device, as excess fat around the neck (leading to compression of the throat) is likely to be a contributing factor to your snoring. Holding the tongue forward can open the airways and resolve your snoring and the GMSS delivers some of the best results that we’ve seen!
- If your snoring is being caused by mouth breathing we also recommend this device as it can help keep your mouth closed and promote quieter, nasal breathing
- If you are a regular drinker of alcohol we also recommend this device, as alcohol causes muscle relaxation that can promote tongue and mouth-based snoring, both of which can be effectively treated with the GMSS.
People for whom we do not recommend this device:
- If you have restricted nasal breathing you may struggle with this device as the GMSS obliges you to breathe through your nose. However, if combined with a solution to open the nasal airways, such as with a nasal dilator, you may achieve a good outcome.
- If you are obese (BMI > 30), you should ideally get screened for obstructive sleep apnea and obtain CPAP, and/or set out on a program of exercise and weight loss. We have not observed great results for the GMSS for obese individuals.
- Most people experience some soreness when they start using the GMSS and it can take a while to get used to wearing the device. The soreness can be lessened by sleeping on your side (another great way to reduce snoring) or on a sloped, wedge-shaped pillow.
- The device has been clinically proven to be effective at relieving mild obstructive sleep apnea. If your snoring is accompanied by excessive daytime sleepiness, you may well find that your tiredness is resolved as well as your snoring!
- The price can seem high for what you get in terms of materials. However, the GMSS still works out cheaper than many alternative anti-snoring devices (custom mouthpieces can cost $1,000+) and has a good lifespan, and we believe it is good value given the great results we’ve seen it achieve.
- The device has a 30-day money back guarantee, and so if you don’t get good results you can return it for a refund (make sure you keep the packaging).
Overall, for the groups of snorers outlined above we regard the Good Morning Snore Solution as one of the most-effective consumer grade devices available.
Furthermore, the device comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee so that if you are not entirely satisfied with your results you can return it for a full refund. Use the SnoreLab app to measure just how effective it is for you!
And hopefully you and your partner can sleep as peacefully as this baby with a pacifier. Ahhh…
The SnoreLab app is used by thousands of users to record and measure their snoring and to test if anti-snoring products really work. To date, the app has monitored more than 5 million nights of sleep, providing unique insights into the anti-snoring products that really work… and the ones that don’t. As the developer, we collect a summary of our users results on a strictly anonymous basis so that we can provide our users with insights into to the best anti-snoring products to try.